What if I'm POST certified in another state?

Colorado statute requires that officers wishing to transfer be fully certified in another state and have served at least one year in the last three years to be eligible for Provisional Certification.  Qualified applicants may either go through a skills test in the Denver area, or attend a refresher academy.  More information about the process of transferring certification to the state of Colorado can be found by visiting the Colorado POST website. 

Show All Answers

1. Does the Grand Junction Police Department have an age restriction?
2. How long is the academy?
3. When does the academy start?
4. What should I do to prepare for the application process?
5. What if I'm POST certified in another state?
6. Do I have to pay to attend the academy as a recruit?
7. How many times can I attempt the physical ability test?
8. How long does the whole process take?
9. If I'm accepted as a sponsored candidate, do I have to buy my equipment and uniforms?
10. How long is your training program?