Who can I report possible phone, mail or e-mail scams to?

If there is any suspect information, such as the name of the caller or business, or the caller’s phone number, contact the Grand Junction Police Department (242-6707).  Even if you have no suspect information, you may still contact the Police Department and speak with an officer.  However, typically nothing can be done if you have no information and you have not suffered a loss.  You can also go to www.IC3.gov, the Internet Crime Complaint Center, and file your report there.  You can protect yourself from possible future scams by asking the caller for their name and phone number and asking them to send you additional information in the mail.  Never give out information such as your social security number, credit card numbers, or bank account numbers to solicitors.  To minimize telephone solicitations, you might want to consider signing up on the National No-Call List.  You can sign up on-line at www.donotcall.gov, or by phone at 1-888-382-1222.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I dispose of unused and/or unwanted prescription medications?
2. Where can I dispose of firearms/or ammunition?
3. Where can I be fingerprinted?
4. How do I obtain a protection/restraining order?
5. Who can I report possible phone, mail or e-mail scams to?
6. What can I do about an abandoned vehicle?
7. How can I get a VIN inspection?
8. How do I get a copy of the video from a traffic camera?
9. When is the next police auction?
10. How do I get information about someone in jail?