Special Event Permits

These permits are for events that will take place within public streets or on other City-owned property such as City parks and trails. Use the flowchart below to determine which permit you need. Please call 970-254-3801 if you need assistance with the permitting process.

Depending on the nature of your proposed Special Event, other City permits may be required in addition to, or in lieu of, the Special Event Permit.

Special Event Permit Flowchart (For Web) (Resume) (5)

Street Closure Permit                                Block Party Application                                   Special Event Application         Awareness Event           Event Permit                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Application                         

Event Descriptions

Locations with Specific Applications

For events at a football, baseball, soccer or lacrosse field, Lincoln Park Moyer Pool or Orchard Mesa Community Center Pool, please call (970)254-3866 to book the facility.


If your event will include serving or selling alcohol (PDF), please contact the City Clerk's office at 970-244-1510.

Downtown Area

If your event will take place within the downtown area, the Special Event Permit will be processed by the Business Improvement District. Please contact the Downtown Event Coordinator at 970-255-4923.


If your event will include public fireworks displays, please contact the Grand Junction Fire Department at 970-244-1400.

Contact Us

  1. Parks & Recreation

    Physical Address
    1340 Gunnison Avenue
    Grand Junction, CO 81501
    Phone: 970-254-3866